Monday, July 5, 2010

Rain, messages from home and graduation pictures!
















It is three thirty here in Quito and POURING with rain. The sky is black.

First of all thank you to everyone who sent messages over the weekend. To be honest I have spent the last couple of days feeling a little overwhelmed, and receiving messages from home has really cheered me up. It is lovely to know that people are thinking about us even though we are so far away.

The problem is that there are so many people I would like to be able to help here, and not being able to has at times made me feel completely helpless. I expect we will find even more needy situations when we leave the capital in the coming days.

On a positive note destiny was on our side this morning. Lucie, Saskia and I visited the Macarena day care centre again today. The children had been so excited about my camera last week that I thought it might be a nice idea to take pictures of them which I would then print and give to them as a souvenir.

As it turned out our visit couldn't have been timed better. The centre had been in need of pictures in any event and had no means of taking them...on top of which the oldest children were about to "graduate" from the centre and wanted to have pictures to mark the occasion. So I became official photographer for the morning...taking pictures of all 85 children who were present. It was a fantastic morning and we are looking forward to delivering the prints later this week.

1 comment:

  1. I Jody, Fre, Saskia, Lucy, Cameron, Luca & Baby Nico ;o)

    I've sent you an email. We could manage to visit you in Finland from the 11/11 til the 14/11/10.
    Let me know if it could be possible for you...

    Katy

    ReplyDelete